• White Facebook Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon

Connecting between Israeli

Innovation & Global Development Challenges

stay connected


Subscribe now!

Congrats! You’re subscribed!


we are

The Pears Program for Global Innovation works to increase Israel’s contribution to international development through technology-based, financially sustainable solutions to problems facing people affected by poverty. 

We believe in the transformative power of values-driven innovation to improve the lives of people all over the world.


we do

Israel is one of the world’s most innovative countries. However, the vast majority of technologies only benefit the 15% of the planet’s population living in high-income countries.  We are dedicated to harnessing the power of Israeli innovation to address the needs of the remaining 85% of the world population.  


we do it

By building bridges to the needs, opportunities and peoples of the developing world we hope to enable Israeli entrepreneurs and innovators to play a larger role in addressing the most pressing challenges of our time: ensuring water, food, clean energy, education and healthcare for all.  

Our Work

The Pears Program works in different ways to build the capacity of the Israeli private sector to address developing world challenges through innovation:








Meet The Team


Aliza Inbal

  • LinkedIn


Full Bio


Hagit Freud

  • LinkedIn

Deputy Director

Full Bio

Profile pic 3.jpeg

Yarden Barber

  • LinkedIn

Project Manager

Full Bio

Ophelie Namiech headshot.jpg

Ophelie Namiech

  • LinkedIn

Senior Advisor on Humanitarian Affairs

Full Bio

Our Partners

Pears Foundation

The Pears Foundation is a British family foundation rooted in Jewish values with a focus on understanding, engagement, and wellbeing. The Foundation funds the Pears Program for Global Innovation, as well as various initiatives and organizations, with the goal of building the capacity of Israel’s international development sector and enabling the country to share expertise and resources with developing nations.

stay connected


Subscribe now!

Congrats! You’re subscribed!

We are proud to be considered a BoP Learning Lab within the BoP Global Learning Network.

Visit the website to learn more about the network.

BoP Global Network | Pears Program for Global Innovation